Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) floors are known for being easy to clean and maintain. Follow the guidelines below to ensure your Palmetto Road luxury vinyl plank floors look beautiful for years to come.
Follow these essential tips for maintaining your luxury vinyl plank floors:
- Sweep or vacuum daily; use only vacuums without beater bars.
- Protect the floor from tracked-in dirt and grit particles by using walk-off mats at all outside entrances.
- Avoid the use of rubber-backed mats, as certain rubber compounds can permanently stain vinyl.
- In order to prevent indentations and scratches, provide glass, plastic, felt, or other non-staining cups with flat under-surfaces not less than 2″ wide for the legs of heavy furniture or appliances. Equip swiveled-type office chairs and other rolling furniture with broad-surface, non-staining casters at least 2” in diameter. Remove small diameter buttons from the legs of straight chairs and replace with metal or felt glides that have bearing surfaces no less than 1″ in diameter.
- Always use the proper equipment to protect the flooring from damage that could be caused by the moving of heavy fixtures or appliances.
- Use micro-fiber mops for wet cleaning and never use anything coarser than 3M-equivalent red cleaning pads or brushes
- Protect your floor against burns. Burns from the glowing end of cigarettes, matches, or other extremely hot items can damage the floor.
- Do not flood floor or subject to frequent standing water.
- Only use cleaning products that are designed for Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) floors with urethane coatings.
- Any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer the spilled materials are left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. The use of drapes or blinds is recommended during peak sunlight hours. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can result in discoloration, and excessive temperatures might cause tiles or planks to expand.